Copyright © 2005 Al Ameen Islamic Audio Library, Pietermaritzburg, KZN, South Africa.
Click on an image to view larger photo. Large photos may take a few seconds to display. click to close picture
JAMARAAT BRIDGE - MINA
The only special-purpose structure of its kind in the world dedicated exclusively to serve millions of pilgrims once a year as part of their pilgrimage rites. Its elements includes the following:
- 5-Level bridge above ground with total area of 385,000 m2.
- 1 Underground level for services with area of 21,000 m2, and 2-tunnel connections to surrounding area with total length of 3,000 m.
- 6 Service buildings with total area of 25,000 m2.
- 2 Heliports.
- 6 Five-ton elevators.
- 11 Escalators housed in buildings with total area of 70,000 m2.
- 2 Bus stations with total area of 37,000 m2.
- Site preparation involving 2 million m3 of rock cut and other works.
PILGRIMS STONING THE JAMARAT
PILGRIMS ON THE JAMARAT BRIDGE